Thursday, August 18, 2011

Makeover: Lavender Dresser and Hutch

Ryan and I went down to an antique center in Chico called Eighth and Main (it's huge, you should check it out if you're local). I came across this piece and fell in love with it. A few other people were eyeballing it, so I knew I had to jump on it ! I was not so keen on the lavender color, but I was willing to take on the challenge.


We talked the seller down to a pretty good price, since the mirror was broken.




Ryan took out the mirror and I painted two coats of "white dove." Unfortunately, the paint shop in our small town gave me the wrong sheen; the paint was too shiny. So I had to paint a third coat with an eggshell finish from Lowe's. The eggshell finish looks a lot more vintage. 

The day I decided to paint, it was 95° outside. It took about five hours for the first two coats! All of the little nooks and crannies were tricky to paint. Not sure I've ever sweated so much in my life. I looked like a hot mess, with paint in my hair and my "shake what your mama gave you" t-shirt on. 

This is what Patsy looked like while I was painting:



Don't worry, she had ice water.

To see the finished product, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...