Friday, December 9, 2011

Old Windows Make It Snow

I bought these old windows at a local garage sale. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with them right away, but I had to have them. When December rolled around I had a vision of a white Christmas. Unfortunately, I now live in Northern California. Chances of snow in my backyard...slim (unless I want to throw my butt in the car and drive up to the mountains). So to bring a little bit of that snowy feeling to my home, I decided to put my window finds to use.


I had the vision and my super stud executed it, while I was getting ready to prepare a "breakfast for dinner" feast for our friends. All that is needed is two distressed windows, some fishing line, a few small nails, and sparkly snowflake ornaments in various sizes (we got ours 4 for $1 at Target). Hammer the nails into the top of the window frame, every few inches (on the side that will be against the wall). Tie strings of fishing line to each snowflake, then hang at varied lengths on the nails. Finish by hanging windows on the wall. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.



Unfortunately, we are renting so we can't paint the walls. But just imagine how amazing the snowflakes would look on a wall painted something other than off-white: charcoal, teal, espresso, red...I could go on and on. When I find time, I will definitely be painting the frames a better color to pop off of the white walls, because white with white on white = no bueno.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...