Friday, January 13, 2012

Goals for 2012

I usually don't make HUGE New Year's resolutions. I tend to make a long list of mini goals to achieve and better habits to adopt throughout the year. This year I made my list as usual. Then I came across this manifesto idea by Aileen at Creating Clever. Inspired by the manifesto, I made my own (of sorts) ...


Sorry about the somewhat blurry screenshot view. As soon as my printer decides to be my friend again, I  plan on printing this little beauty and framing it around my house (bathroom, craftroom, fridge, nightstand) to remind me to get my butt in gear.

fearless in the kitchen: I find myself thinking "that seems like a lot of work" or "I'm no chef, how do I do that?" No more of that. I'm gonna try new techniques and new ingredients. I will make more things from scratch. I will not be intimidated.

work out: I stole Aileen's line: "work out until it shows, then work out some more." I like the idea of working out 'til it shows, instead of a goal weight or size.

attack book pile: I have a long list of books that I want to read. I'm currently reading The Hunger Games trilogy. Love it! I'm gonna keep trudging through the stack of books I'm dying to read, then pass them on to a friend.

healthy recipes: It's real easy to make something taste good by adding 4 sticks of butter, heavy cream, loads of cheese, or a bucket of chocolate. But I wanna find recipes, that the guys at poker night would demand seconds of, never knowing that they're healthy or low-fat.

explore: As you may know I began Project Butte 52 to explore my new home and learn to use my new camera.

the bikini: Cue scary music. I realized that I've never worn a bikini in my adult years. Never. It's always a bikini top with board shorts. I'm determined to be confident enough to wear bikini bottoms this year. When I do, I'm forcing Ryan to take me somewhere tropical and I'm gonna rock that bikini!

Have you all made a list or have a resolution for 2012? I'd love to hear about 'em!


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Could you tell me where you find all your amazing fonts? I'm guessing it isn't plain ol' microsoft word is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using creative fonts! My go-to sites for fonts are 1001freefonts.com and dafont.com. Their fonts are free to download and you can import them into Microsoft Word to use. Have fun font hunting!

      Delete
  2. love it - thank you. I have included it in the gallery on creating clever.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...