Monday, March 5, 2012

I Wanna Marry You Cookies

You may be wondering about the name. I know I did when I first came across this recipe. Well, it turns out that these cookies are just sooooo delicious, that anyone you bake them for, will want to propose to you. You can read about it here in the cook's note.

Not only are these cookies addictive and delicious, but they also dirty less dishes. That's right folks, these cookies only require one pot! The way to a girl's heart (at least this girl's heart) is less dishes to wash.


I love that these cookies are filled with both white and milk chocolate chips. And I was excited to see that the recipe calls for cinnamon, since I always add cinnamon anyway when I make chocolate chip cookies (or waffles...or pancakes...or lasagna, wait maybe not lasagna). 

This is what sets these cookies apart from others. The butter and sugars melt together to form this toffee-colored mixture that will make your kitchen smell heavenly.

No more mixing dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in the other. 
It's all in one pot!

This is by far the most incredible cookie dough! As soon as I tasted it, I did a little dance in my kitchen. I even set some aside in the fridge, so that Ryan could have a couple spoonfuls when he got home. 

Little balls of deliciousness waiting to be baked.

I Want to Marry You Cookies

Adapted from Melissa Stadler, Seen on Mississippi Kitchen

Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
  • 1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, turn off heat. Add dark brown sugar and sugar, stirring constantly until incorporated and smooth. Chill the sugar mixture in fridge for 10 minutes.

Remove mixture from fridge and stir in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Add the flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; mix together. Stir in white chocolate and regular chocolate chips.

Scoop dough and roll by hand into medium-size balls. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat (If you don't have a Silpat yet, get one! You'll love it, I promise). Put entire cookie sheet into the fridge and chill for 30 minutes.

While the dough balls are chilling, preheat the oven to 325. Remove the dough from the fridge and bake for 12-14 minutes.

I did make the mistake of baking them too long. I pulled them out after 14 minutes like the recipe said, but they didn't look done so I baked them for a few more minutes. If I had pulled them out when I was supposed to, they would have been perfectly chewy and gooey. Instead my cookies were a little crispier, oops!


It was {Ryan's Grandma}Noni's birthday, so I stacked a cookie tower inside this little cupcake box, that I found on clearance at Michaels.

I'm still waiting on a proposal (that means you Noni!).


Pin It

These are too good not to share with others. I'm linking up over at Giggles Glitz and GlamMommy By Day Crafter By NightMy Girlish Whims, A Bowl Full of LemonsI Heart Naptime, Handy Man Crafty Woman, Somewhat Simple, Crafty Scrappy Happy, Something Swanky, and Shine On Fridays.

Thank you Ashton, at Something Swanky, for featuring my cookies!

4 comments:

  1. I like these pictures!!! You are getting good at that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookies are my favorite thing to make. I can't wait to try these--like in 5 minutes! thanks for a great looking new recipe. Am a new follower to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks Cindy! Yes you simply must try them. The cookie dough is amazing!

      Delete
  3. I just blogged about these cookies, and mentioned you and your blog of course!
    http://cgharris.blogspot.com/2012/04/i-want-to-marry-you-cookies.html

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...